EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Are you interested in diisocyanate training?
Are substances and mixtures based on diisocyanate used in your company? If so – do you know that as an industrial or professional user, you are obligated to train your employees in the safe use of diisocyanate before using these substances or mixtures?
Please be informed that as of August 24, 2023, undergoing training before the industrial or professional use of diisocyanates is mandatory!
Do you have other questions?
Check our frequently asked questions – together, we will dispel any doubts!
The first step is to contact us by phone or email
The second step is to understand the client’s needs and propose conditions
The third step is to establish cooperation and start activities
See what our clients say about us
High professionalism, the possibility of using services online, and wide availability. I wholeheartedly recommend Ms. Agnieszka Kuźmicka.
Agnieszka conducted OHS training for employees of my company. I recommend her as a very good and professional trainer. The whole process went smoothly and in a pleasant atmosphere.
I recommend 100%! A large dose of valuable knowledge. 10/10!
WHO IS THE ISOCYANATE TRAINING INTENDED FOR?
It is noted that as of August 24, 2023, new obligations regarding the use of diisocyanates have been implemented based on Regulation 2020/1449 issued by the European Commission, amending Annex XVII to the REACH regulation. Anyone who comes into contact with diisocyanates individually or in combination with a concentration of 0.1% or more must undergo training on their safe use. This includes workers who come into contact with, among other things:
- construction foams
- household appliances
- components produced for the automotive industry.
Regardless of the employment contract or whether the tasks related to isocyanates are performed by the employer or a self-employed person – everyone is subject to mandatory training.
HOW LONG IS THE CERTIFICATE FOR ISOCYANATE USAGE TRAINING VALID?
The certificate for completing the diisocyanate safety training is valid for 5 years from the date of completion. After this period, participants must undergo training again to obtain another certificate.
WHAT CAN RESULT FROM IMPROPER USE OF ISOCYANATES?
The risk of complications associated with the use of diisocyanates is significant, but it can be significantly reduced by enrolling in professional training in this field. As you already know, diisocyanates are primarily used in the chemical industry and production, where employees have direct contact with them, which can result in various health effects. What are the potential consequences?
- Skin problems – neglecting the obligation to work with gloves and protective clothing can lead to severe skin irritation, inflammation, itching, and rashes.
- Respiratory irritation – being exposed to diisocyanate vapors and inhaling them can cause coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, and a runny nose. Therefore, it’s crucial to use protective masks.
- Allergies – if a person is susceptible to allergies and has sensitive skin, contact with diisocyanates can trigger an allergic reaction, such as asthma.
- Damage to internal organs – prolonged and frequent exposure to an environment containing diisocyanates can contribute to lung, liver, and kidney damage, posing a risk of more serious health conditions or life-threatening diseases.
Take care of your safety and that of your employees today with professional EHS Consulting services. We offer diisocyanate training and many other occupational safety training sessions to help minimize the risks associated with your company’s specific work environment.