EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Fire Extinguisher Inspection and Maintenance
Are you interested in fire extinguisher inspection and maintenance?
According to the standard, a fire extinguisher must be red in color, and the minimum amount of extinguishing agent should be 1 kg. This standard also specifies the temperature range for use, minimum operating time, and minimum extinguishing effectiveness. Pay attention to the minimum amount of extinguishing agent.
Do you have other questions?
Check our questions and answers – together we’ll clarify any doubts!
The first step is to contact us by phone or email
The second step is to understand the client’s needs and propose conditions
The third step is to establish cooperation and start activities
See what our clients say about us
High professionalism, the possibility of using services online, and wide availability. I wholeheartedly recommend Ms. Agnieszka Kuźmicka.
Agnieszka conducted OHS training for employees of my company. I recommend her as a very good and professional trainer. The whole process went smoothly and in a pleasant atmosphere.
I recommend 100%! A large dose of valuable knowledge. 10/10!
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING HANDHELD FIREFIGHTING EQUIPMENT?
One unit of mass of fire extinguishing agent, 2kg (or 3 dm3), contained in the fire extinguisher is:
- For every 100 m2 of the fire hazard zone in a building not protected by a permanent firefighting system,
- classified as a threat to people ZLI, ZLII, ZLIII, ZLV, with a fire load density above 500MJ/m2
- or containing an explosive hazard room, one unit of fire extinguishing agent (2kg or 3 dm3) per 100 m2 is required.
- For every 300 m2 of the fire hazard zone not mentioned in point 1, except for those classified as ZL IV, one unit of fire extinguishing agent (2kg or 3 dm3) is required.
- Fire extinguishers should undergo technical inspections and maintenance in accordance with the principles and methods specified in Polish Standards for firefighting equipment and extinguishers, technical-operational documentation, and operating instructions provided by manufacturers.
- Technical inspections and maintenance should be carried out at intervals specified by the manufacturer, but no less frequently than once a year.
Considering the above regulations, performing inspections at least once a year is an absolute minimum. More frequent inspections may be necessary in high fire risk situations, such as in chemical plants dealing with flammable and explosive substances.
Do you have handheld firefighting equipment in your company? Do you have the safety of facility users in mind?
EHS Consulting is here to help with occupational health and safety services in Warsaw and online.