“Around half of European workers believe that stress is a common problem in their workplace. It contributes to about half of all lost working days. As with other mental health issues, stress is often misunderstood or stigmatised. However, if psychosocial risks and stress are treated as an organisational problem rather than a personal defect, they can be dealt with like any other health and safety risk.”
TAKE ACCOUNT OF STRESS!
Recent scientific research has shown that it is more harmful what we think about stress than the stress itself. In this training, employees will learn what stress is, how it arises, when it serves them, and when it starts to harm them. Together, we will learn how to cope with stressful situations so that they no longer stress us, how to reduce accumulated stress and be free from tension.
To develop stress management skills and, as a result, to increase comfort and effectiveness at work.
I SELECT THE TRAINING PROGRAMME INDIVIDUALLY TO THE CLIENT’S NEEDS.
- Stress, how to turn an enemy into a friend – a workshop on changing beliefs,
- Recognising and overcoming thought traps,
- Building a positive attitude,
- Working with emotions,
- Mental strength and resilience,
- Building self-esteem,
- Adapting to change,
- Communication based on non-violent agreement,
- Relaxation techniques (rest, relaxation)
- Breathing techniques,
- Body work techniques,
- Mindfulness practice,
- Work-life balance
- Organisation and planning of time (ordering, identification of time thieves
- time thieves).
- Trainings take place in station or online.