I advise you to keep your employees safety
I advise you to provide fire protection for your facility
I advise how the documentation flow in your company should look like
The HSE management system is part of the overall management system of the workplace. It includes all those elements that serve to set and achieve the company’s health and safety policy and objectives. An effective HSE management system makes it possible, among other things, to reduce the number of occupational accidents and illnesses and related losses, to reduce employee sickness absence, to increase productivity and to improve the quality of work.
ISO 45001:2018 sets out the requirements for and guidelines for an occupational health and safety management system and reflects the latest thinking on managing occupational health and safety using best practice.
Implementing an HSE management system involves applying the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 to your business, and you can do this yourself or use external specialists.
The Plenipotentiary for the Integrated Management System is a representative of the management who is responsible for ensuring the operation of the management system in the organization and reporting to the management on the effects of this system. Therefore, it should be a person with appropriate qualifications that will allow him to properly perform the entrusted tasks. For this purpose, the person performing such a function should complete the appropriate training that will prepare him to perform his duties, and in particular familiarize himself with the requirements of the standard being the basis of the implemented system.
The flowchart of the HSE management system implementation process is as follows:
1. organization review – determining the degree of compliance of the organization’s functioning with the requirements of ISO 45001: 2018 and the gaps to be filled during subsequent stages;
2. system documentation – development of procedures, instructions and forms that are required by the standard, and then will be useful during the certification of the OHS system;
3. employee training – familiarizing the staff with the system so that everyone knows their role in the structure of the management system and is able to act in it;
4. internal audit – checking by an auditor independent of the implementation whether the system operating in the organization meets the requirements of the standard;
5. corrective actions and management review – correcting any errors found during the audit and analyzing the operation of the system.
After the above tasks have been completed, the system is ready for certification.
The management system has a number of different types of documents – procedures, instructions, forms, etc. The management system should be constructed in such a way as to ensure that all provisions contained in these documents are applied and complied with by the employees. Compliance with the provisions included in the aforementioned documents is verified by means of internal audits. Their aim is primarily to find weaknesses and eliminate them. The audit results, being an important source of information on the internal situation in the company, should be used by the management as tools for improving the company’s operation, which will help to find irregularities and correct non-compliances. The results of internal audits contribute to the continuous improvement of the implemented management system.
In the field of consulting and training services related to ISO 45001: 2018 we offer:
– conducting a “zero” audit in terms of compliance with the requirements of ISO 45001: 2018,
– support at every stage of the implementation of activities in the field of occupational health and safety management system,
– health and safety management system representative in accordance with ISO 45001: 2018,
– implementation of the requirements of ISO 45001: 2018.
If you are interested in professional implementation and certification of your management system or adaptation to a current issue of a standard or norm, please contact us by phone: kom.+ 48 505 448 963 or fill in the contact form.
If you have any questions, please contact us.