Will your company be a waste processor, generator or collector?
Check if you are required to prepare a fire protection operation.
A fire safety report is a document containing conditions for fire protection of the installation, facility, its part or other waste storage place, agreed with the locally competent Chief of the State Fire Service.
The person preparing the operation shall apply the applicable legal provisions on waste storage sites.
WHEN IS IT REQUIRED?
A fire safety report is required when applying for a waste collection permit or a waste processing permit or a waste production permit.
It is not required for the collection, processing or generation of non-flammable waste only and for an establishment posing a risk of a major industrial accident.
WHO PREPARES IT?
A fire safety report can be prepared by:
- a fire protection expert – in the event that the competent authority to issue a waste collection permit is the marshal of the voivodship or the regional director for environmental protection;
- a person with a professional title of fire engineer or a higher education degree in the field of safety engineering with a specialization in fire safety engineering graduated from the Main School of Fire Service – when the competent authority is a district governor.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE DEVELOPMENT?
The report is prepared based on principles of technical knowledge, available inventory, local inspection and documentation concerning the facility.
The applicable legal acts and standards for the preparation of the report are listed below:
- Act of 14 December 2012 on waste (Journal of Laws 2020, item 797 as amended)
- Act of 27 April 2001 on Environmental Protection Law (Journal of Laws 2020, item 1219);
- Act of 24 August 1991 on fire protection (Journal of Laws 2020, item 961);
- Regulation of the Minister for Internal Affairs and Administration of 19 February 2020 on the fire protection requirements to be met by construction objects or parts thereof and other places intended for collecting, storing or processing waste (Journal of Laws 2020 item 296);
- Regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration of 2 December 2015 on agreeing a construction project in terms of fire protection (Journal of Laws 2015, item 2117);
- Regulation of the Minister for Internal Affairs and Administration of 7 June 2010 on fire protection of buildings, other construction objects and areas (Journal of Laws No. 109 item 719, as amended);
- Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of 12 April 2002 on the technical conditions to be met by buildings and their location (Journal of Laws 2019, item 1065);
- Regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration of 24 July 2009 on fire-fighting water supply and fire roads (Journal of Laws No. 124, item 1030);
- PN-B-02852:2001 Fire protection of buildings – Calculation of fire load density and determination of relative fire duration.
Do you have any questions regarding the development of a fire protection report?
Masz pytania dotyczące opracowania operatu przeciwpożarowego?
Skontaktuj się z nami!